David E. Lent, MD, FAAOS
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
David E. Lent, MD, FAAOSRequest An
Dr. Lent is Chief of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at St. John’s Riverside Hospital in Yonkers, NY. A leader in robotic joint replacement surgery, he is an instructor for Stryker’s Mako technology, traveling across the world to teach surgeons about robotic-assisted joint replacement. He is also a leader in minimally invasive surgery and advanced arthroscopic techniques, including ACL reconstruction and shoulder labral (SLAP) repair. Dr. Lent specializes in trauma and sports medicine as well, working with many local athletes.
Dr. Lent received his bachelor’s degree at Yeshiva University in New York, and obtained his medical degree at the New York University School of Medicine. He completed his general surgery residency and orthopedic residency at Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, NY. He then completed a sports medicine fellowship at the Staten Island University Hospital/Hospital for Special Surgery.
Dr. Lent has consistently been recognized as a Top Doctor in the Westchester community. He has been selected for Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors List, and has been named among Westchester Magazine’s Top Doctors for five years running.
Dr. Lent specializes in joint replacement surgery and sports medicine procedures, including the following:
- Mako Robotic-Assisted Total Hip Replacement
- Mako Robotic-Assisted Total Knee Replacement
- Mako Robotic-Assisted Partial Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Advanced Arthroscopy Techniques
- ACL Reconstruction
- Shoulder Labral (SLAP) Repair
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Undergraduate: BA, Yeshiva University, New York, NY
- Medical: New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- General Surgery Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Orthopedic Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Staten Island University Hospital/Hospital for Special Surgery, Staten Island, NY
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons